HELLO, WELCOME TO MY MODEST PAGE
Web page active since February of 1997 (Version: 25-12-2022)
More than 25 years in the Web
The shield of Logroño
The map of La Rioja
A FEW WORDS ABOUT MY HOBBY:
My name is Juan Carlos and I am radioamateur since 30 of October of 1990, this day I got my first award - class "B" - operator of radioamateur stations and the call sign EB1EUJ. When getting the "A" class license I gave it up. Before a brief time passed at the CB (my call sign was ECB-1-I-010939) and much before I began as short wave listener (SWL) in the HF bands , mainly broadcast radio stations.
March/12/1991, I got the "C" class award and, with it, the call sign EC1DER. March/20/1992, I got the "A" class award, and with its the call sign I got was EA1FEN, with it I have make out more than 6.000 QSO´s in HF bands.
August/23/2004, I got the call sign EA1FZ, this was answer to my application of a 2 letters suffix call sign. After the coming into effect, in 2006, of the radioamateur law, I was informed that I ONLY can have a call sign, and this was: EA 1 FZ. With it I made about 8,000 contacts in HF and with all of the call signs about 15,000 QSO´s.
On July 18, 2019, pursuant to the Resolution of July 12, 2019, of the Secretary of State for Digital Advancement, which establishes the administrative procedure and sets the deadline for submitting applications for allocation of amateur radio call signs with a letter suffix, I requested the assignment of a new badge. By resolution of the General Directorate of Telecommunications and Information Technology approving the definitive list of admitted and excluded applicants and assigning the corresponding radio call sign with a letter suffix, I am assigned EA1C. This request included the waiver of the EA1FZ call sign.
My likings in the radioamateur are centered in the HF band , and the DX. Speak with people of other places, without knowing if they are near or distant, to know their customs, to talk a while with them, it is what I like of this hobby. I also like to experience with antennas and electronic. Although I began my hobby at Miranda de Ebro (Burgos), now I reside in Logroño (La Rioja), where I have my radioamateur base station.
MY QSL CARDS :
ABOUT MY HAM RADIO STATION:
I started with simply equipments and I try to improve. I have not power amplifiers, not big antennas, only simply and cheap antennas and, that is true, good luck when the propagation looks well.
* TRANSCEIVERS: The first HF equipment that I acquired was a monoband (28 MHz) Uniden 2830, with which I made EC contacts to obtain the EA license, all of them in the 10 M band, with about 20 watts of power and a vertical antenna of 27 Mhz. Then I bought a Kenwood TS-850-S-AT, a very good device that has given me a lot of satisfaction in the HF bands. Now I have a Kenwood TS-2000, the TS-2000 have proven their worth over almost a decade and have earned a well-deserved reputation, powered by a GRELCO model 1330A and a portable switched source by PiroStar model FA- 825M, and with an external antenna coupler LDG KT-100. My last big acquisition is the ICOM IC-7610, a great SDR transceiver with double receiver, complemented with the external antenna coupler LDG IT-100. For mobile station I have an ICOM IC-7100 transmitter and before it a Yaesu FT-857, also all mode/all band, 100 watts. I have a Yaesu FT-817 QRP transmitter, all mode/all band, 5 watts, this equipment is a small marvel, and an RS-918 HF SDR.
* VHF-UHF equipments: In these bands I started with a walkie-talkie Alinco DJ-500, dual band, with 5 watts max. of power, later I have a Kenwood TH-79E walkie-talkie dual band 144/430 (these I do not have now) and a walkie-talkie Kenwood TH-F7E (dual band plus all mode scanner) and an Anytone AT-D878UV Plus II walkie-talkie with DMR. Now I also use the ICOM IC-7100, the FT-817 and the Kenwood TS-2000 in 6M, 2M and 70CM.
* VHF-UHF antennas: The best of my antennas in my radiant system is the Diamond X-200, with which I have managed to stay many hours of pleasant QSO. A Sky Band, broadband discone antenna for reception, completes this section.
* HF antennas: For HF I use a Diamond W-8010 dipole antenna for 5 bands (80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 M) and a vertical monoband antenna for 10 M. In portable activity I use a long wire of 16,20 m into a fiberglass mast and a SGC-259 antenna coupler at the base. I also use a G5RV antenna, short, that works acceptably well.
* Mobile antennas: For mobile / portable I use a 5/8 Tagra antenna, for CB, which works very well in 10 M. And with a coil at the base it can also work in other bands (20, 17, 15, 12 M.) I also have a ECO-Veicolari antenna, it is a radiant for each band (6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40 and 80 M.) is an antenna with similar characteristics to the previous one, a helical whip. I own a HV7CXmodel from Diamond. A Miracle Wipp for QRP, I recommend this antenna for its small size and good performance. The latest acquisition is a Chameleon V-1 antenna. In VHF-UHF, I use a Diamond dual band antenna, model SG-7900 and a D-Original, tri-band, model CR-627.
* DX COUNTRIES: With this equipment and a good luck I have confirmed more than 210 countries and I have obtain the EADX100 award number 566 and the DXCC #44.484. The countries that I have confirmed are, some of they: 3A2, 3X0, 5N9, 7X2, 5R8, 9G1, 9L1, 9N1, A92, A22, C53, C91,D2, EL2, FH8, HC7, 7Z2, JY3, OJ0, S0, S21, and much more, but not so much as I would like.
Another equipments : I have an ICOM IC-PCR1000 PC controled scanner, a very good and useful receiver. I also have a Grundig Satellit 400 International, that I used to listen tne Broadcasting stations. A Kenwood R-2000 is another receiver I own that it is a very good one and an RTL-SDR SDR receiver.
Computer : Two desktop computers and two notebooks, connected in a network, complete my station.
YOU CAN SEE IF YOU ARE IN THE "LOGBOOK" OF EA1FEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
ANOTHER HOBBIES :
Collecting: I like collecting many things: stamps, coins, but I prefer to collect "pins", I like the heraldic ones, with shields of cities, an so on.
Music I am a fan of the Rolling Stones from many years ago and I have many of their LPïs.
Others: I like the PC use, but only as a hobby.
Some words: There are some interesting words, but some of they are in Spanish, sorry:
me sibilat, at mihi plaudo Ipse domi simul ac nummos contemplar in arca" .
"El crimen es una vulgaridad, la vida es una vulgaridad, y no hay en este mundo lugar sino para las dotes vulgares de la persona" (Sherlock Holmes).
"Si algo puede salir mal, esto saldrá mal" (Un tal Murphy).
"A quien madruga, Dios le ayuda" (Vox populi).
"No por mucho madrugar, amanece mas temprano" (Vox Dei).
"Lee, escribe y estudia, lo demás es un cuento" (Yo mismo).
"El que habla siembra, el que escucha cosecha".
"Guarda el orden y el orden te guardará".
"Si uno no puede sacar provecho de un amigo ¿para qué diablos lo quiere ?" (Uno).
My address is:
EA1C, Juan Carlos
P.O.Box : 1004
Post Code: 26080 - Logroño
(La Rioja) SPAIN
1º E-mail: email@example.com
2º E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS IS THE "EADX100" N. 566 AWARD
THIS IS THE "DXCC" # 44.484 AWARD
I hope that this page should be good for you.
"sic jubeo - sic volo - sic voluntas mea"
(From 03-Jul-1992 to 03-Nov-2007)
(From 23-Aug-2004 to 14-Dec-2019)